Monday, March 10, 2014

Scent of Namdaemun flower market



February 26, 2014

Namdaemun(남대문 in Korean, 'mun' meaning gate) market is known as one of the top destinations for those who visit and take a tour of Seoul. Dating back to the 1400s for its beginning, it is the biggest traditional market in Korea. You can find almost everything there from everyday items like clothes and glasses to high-end cameras to antique artworks.

For me, it is a place to meet a variety of lovely and fragrant flowers. Once you step inside the building, it is not easy to leave those flowers behind you. Every flower greets you with its graceful figures, vibrant colors and enticing scents.

I am lucky enough to work in the distance of 15 minute walk from Namdaemun market. That lets me grab my camera during lunch time every once in a while and head for the market. I wish my lunch time would last a little longer! On my last visit in February, I ended up with a bouquet of yellow strongly-scented freesia. It was in its full season and smelled wonderful. I also got a pretty good amount of discounts!


@Namdaemun flower market, Seoul











And I brought home




How to get to Namdaemun flower market

Address 
  1. 21, Namdaemunsijang 4-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea
  2. On the 3rd floor of Daedo building

Transportation
Nearest subway station is Hoehyeon on line #4.  
 Use exit #5 and #6 at the station. 

Opening hours
03:00 - 15:00(till 16:00 on Fridays and Saturdays)
Closed on Sundays


No comments:

Post a Comment