Saturday, March 29, 2014

My dimorphotheca

March 2014

Dimorphothecaalso called African daisy, or Cape marigold, is easily found on the streets of Seoul when spring arrives in March. The flowers are planted for landscaping with many other kinds of flowers in the city. At first, I thought they are daisies. Anyway I liked their color and shape, so I bought a flowerpot from a street flower vendor. It was around 2,500~3,000 won for a pot. 

I have been waiting for the buds to open, and some finally did. It is interesting the shape of petals when they begin to unfold is quite different from the matured ones. I got the feeling that the color changes day and night. Dimorphotheca needs full hot sun, so I put the pot next to the window.

@My home, Seoul


March 24
A bud began to open three days after I bought the pot. 

 March 25
Two more buds came up to bloom. 

March 25
The color of the older one turned thick like deep purple.

 March 27
A few more came up and bloomed to show their pretty faces.


 March 27

 March 28
The color is a bit different from yesterday's. Well, is it my camera that caused it to look different? 

March 28

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment