Thursday, July 24, 2014

One fine morning on Jungdong-gil




May 1, 2014

Such a shiny morning on a Labor Day holiday! Yes, it was a national holiday, but I had to go to work. That, unexpectely, turned good as I had some time enjoying empty urban streets of Seoul before my work actually began. 



8 a.m. in the morning, sunshine, green foliage, quiet streets..What a perfect morning!




As you might know, I'm a fan of the Deoksugung Palace neighborhood, not just because it's near my work. I like its oldness: old buildings, old trees, and old path.







Deoksugung Palace is surrounded by solid stone walls. One side of these walls created a beautiful stone wall road, called Jungdong-gil(gil meaning road in Korean). It was selected as one of the most beautiful roads in Korea. 









Small flowers add beauty to the street.




There is an old church, Chungdong First Methodist Church, along the road. As the name indicates, the church, built in 1898, is the first Protestant church in Korea. Well, now it is popular for couples for a date. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment