Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May in Yangjae Flower Market Center



May 10, 2014

It is the scent that attracts me to a flower market, even when I can see a variety of flowers on streets in spring. The minute I step into a floor of a flower market, I am lost into the blissful fragrance coming from all over the place.

I have posted about the flower markets at Express Bus Terminal Station(->Wholesale flower market) and in Namdaemun market(->
My new purple flowerpot).

Yangjae Flower Market Center(양재동 화훼공판장 in Korean) in the southern part of Seoul, however, is known for its huge size and all sorts of flowers, plants, trees and gardening tools. 

I went there around 9 on Saturday morning. The main building for cut-flowers was bustling with sellers and shoppers holding an armful of colorful flowers. I bought a bunch of green eucalyptus branches there and then moved to warehouses outside where potted plants including orchids and trees are displayed. I felt like I was inside a flower garden. I had to suppress my appetite for impulse buying.


@Yangjae Flower Market Center, Seoul






















How to get to Yangjae Flower Market Center

Address
27, Gangnam-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Korea

Tel
(local)02-579-8100
(abroad)+82-2-579-8100

Transportation

The nearest subway station is Yangjae Citizen's Forest on line Shinbundang. Use the exit #4 there.

No comments:

Post a Comment