Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Summer harvest: bean, pear & raspberry



August 3, 2014

This is my dad's favorite type of beans. He has lost his appetite lately, and one of the things that stimulate him to eat is this bean. Most of all, I like its color, the nature-created-color.  






My mom also picked up some apricots. They need more time to get sweeter.




My mom usually steams this bean with rice and sweet potatoes, but she used potatoes this time instead of sweet potatoes. Well, I should say I prefer sweet potatoes. My dad's on the same side!





August 2, 2014

My mom and I picked up some wild pears from the trees along the river bank in PyeongChang. Some were perfectly ripe, but others were short of ripening. 




My mom told me she would wait for a couple of days and pick them up when they are fully ready. Unfortunately, the typhoon got stronger that night, bringing lots of rain and heavy wind. I found many of the pears on the trees gone after the typhoon. 



July 27, 2014

It's time to enjoy wild raspberries! They are so delicate that you need to be careful when you pluck the berries from a tree. I took in lots of vitamin thanks to these raspberries!


No comments:

Post a Comment