Thursday, January 30, 2014

Smoked black tea in Tieris





January 24, 2014

This is a tea room called Tieris(티에리스 in Korean). I went there last Friday night after work to round off a long week.


It is hidden in a residential area in Bangbae-dong, the southern part of Seoul, but quite popular among black tea lovers. The place is small with less than 10 tables.


This tea room has a selection of black tea from tea farms all around the world. I had a hot pot of Lapsang souchong black tea for the day. The tea, originating from China and widely known as the world's first black tea, has a unique smoky flavor. Its leaves are smoke-dried on fires, which gives it another name the smoked tea.

The taste was quite different from other black teas I used to have, but not in a bad way.
I would like to try it again some other time.


I had the tea with home-made scones served with jam and clotted cream. I heard their pound cake is also tasty. Next time I will try an afternoon tea set.

@ Tieris, Seoul


























How to get to Tieris

456-2, Bangbae-dong, Seoul

The nearest subway stations are Chongshin Univ.(or Isu) on line #4 and #7 and Sadang on line #2 and #4.
The tea house is located between these two stations.
It is behind the Bangbae Police Station building, so you will easily find it.



No comments:

Post a Comment